Published in August of 2026 by Hourly History.
Hourly History specializes in producing short histories that they typical person can read in about an hour. I like them for two reasons: 1) they offer free e-books EVERY weekend (get on their email list) and 2) there are some people and events I want to know more about, but I am not interested in investing the time required for a full scale biography.
For me, Harriet Beecher Stowe is one of those people. I am a long-time student of the American Civil War, so she is frequently mentioned in these circles. Her anti-slavery novel Uncle Tom's Cabin was an international bestseller and helped fuel a lot of agitated discussion leading up to the Civil War.
I knew four or five important points about her pre-Civil War life, I knew about her family connections to the anti-slavery movement, and I read Uncle Tom's Cabin (see my review here) but I'd never had it all put together in one place.
This was an interesting biography and paced well. I rate it 4 stars out of 5. It can be found on Amazon.com here: Harriet Beecher Stowe: A Life from Beginning to End.
More than 2100 reviews over the last 25 years.
HARRIET BEECHER STOWE: A LIFE from BEGINNING to END (Kindle) by Hourly History
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Featured Post
BAN THIS BOOK (audiobook) by Alan Gratz
Published in 2017 by Blackstone Audio, Inc. Read by Bahni Turpin. Duration: 5 hours, 17 minutes. Unabridged. My Synopsis Ban This Book is t...
Popular posts over the last 7 days
-
Originally published in 1975 under the psuedonym Kilgore Trout. I read the 2013 edition published by Titan Books. While suffering a bit of ...
-
Published by Random House Audio in 2002. Read by Judy Kaye. Duration: 12 hours, 38 minutes. Unabridged. I have bounced through the Kinsey Mi...
-
An excellent beginning to a promising career. Originally published in 1997. First off - The Black Flower is one of the best books I've...
-
Published in 2024 by HarperAudio. Performed by January LaVoy. Duration: 10 hours, 13 minutes. Unabridged. Synopsis Troy, Georgia is, on the ...
-
Published by Dell in 2012. Originally published in in 2007 by Delacorte Press I must live under a rock. I had not read any Jack Reacher n...
-
Published by Simon and Schuster Audio in 2006 Read by Ron McClarty Duration: 1 hour, 30 minutes I am not sure who the person was at Simon...
-
Published in 2014 by Simon and Schuster Audio Multicast performance, mostly read by the author, Cary Elwes Duration: 7 hours, 1 minute Una...
-
Published by Marvel Universe in 2021. Hawkeye: The Saga of Barton and Bishop is actually two collections in one. The first half of the coll...
-
Published by Bloomsbury Publishing LLC. Read by Tosca Hoskins. Duration: 11 hours, 26 minutes. Unabridged. The book is a detailed look at ...
-
Published in 2020 by Seven Stories Press. Edited by Dan Wakefield. Introduction by Dan Wakefield. Many of the well-known quotes from Kurt ...

No comments:
Post a Comment