To be published by Amazon Original Stories in February of 2025.
If you have Amazon Prime, you get to choose from a limited selection of soon-to-be-published e-books every month. I am a big fan of Lee Child's Jack Reacher books, so I jumped at the chance to get this short story by Lee Child.
I believe I have read every book and every short story that Lee Child has written about Jack Reacher, but I don't think I've read anything he's written that didn't feature Reacher. In fact, I didn't know he wrote about any character but Reacher.
This is the story of a mathematician - a college professor. He's kind of a nobody, except that he has a specialty, some would say a gift, in an obscure little corner of mathematics. Not many people have even heard of it, let alone know anything about it.
Then, one day, he gets a call from the White House...
My review:
This was a quick story. It is well-written and takes several twists and turns that I did not see coming. It's quite good, just not a Reacher action-fest.
I rate this short story 5 stars out of 5. It can be found on Amazon.com here: Eleven Numbers: A Short Story by Lee Child.
More than 2000 reviews over the last 25 years.
ELEVEN NUMBERS: A SHORT STORY (kindle) by Lee Child
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Featured Post
BAN THIS BOOK (audiobook) by Alan Gratz
Published in 2017 by Blackstone Audio, Inc. Read by Bahni Turpin. Duration: 5 hours, 17 minutes. Unabridged. My Synopsis Ban This Book is t...
Popular posts over the last 7 days
-
Published in 2019 by Audible Studios. Read by F ajer Al-Kaisi Duration: 14 hours, 47 minutes. Unabridged. Kruse and Zelizer take a quick lo...
-
Published by BBC Worldwide Unlimited in 2010. Multicast Performance Duration: 44 minutes Even though I enjoy the comic book movies and I...
-
Fun story, but not completely resolved Published in 2008 by Rodale Books. Mark Milhone's memoir is about his self-described "Year ...
-
Lackluster characters hurt a very interesting premise Read by David Colacci Published by Tantor Media, November 2010. Duration: 9 hours, ...
-
Published by Ryan Pyle Productions in 2014 Photographer Ryan Pyle has traveled extensively throughout China and India, Luckily, he bring...
-
Relentlessly violent screwball book. Published in 1986. This is my first Carl Hiaasen book. It is also Hiaasen's first book as a solo ...
-
An entertaining, historically solid introduction to the Civil War for 4th graders and over I just discovered this series and I've been ...
-
A fascinating read Published in 2008 by Free Press. How to Break a Terrorist: The U.S. Interrogators Who Used Brains, Not Brutality, to Ta...
-
Truly Unique Mystery Duration: 3 hours, 1 minute Mind Slash Matter is a unique entry into the world of mystery thrillers. The hero is ...
-
Published in 2017 by HarperAudio. Read by Eva Kaminsky. Duration: 10 hours, 26 minutes. Unabridged. Brittle is a caretaker robot in a futu...

No comments:
Post a Comment