More than 2100 reviews over the last 25 years.
NEVER GO BACK (Jack Reacher #18) by Lee Child
Published in 2013 by Random House Audio.
Read by Dick Hill.
Duration: 13 hours, 43 minutes.
Unabridged.
Admittedly, I bounce around as a I read the Jack Reacher (so far I have read #8, #11, #14 and #18) but I was very pleased to note that #14 and #18 are tied together so that I had sort of a seamless experience while still skipping around.
In #14 Jack Reacher meets, via telephone, Susan Turner. Susan Turner has Reacher's old job in the military police and they make a connection. In Never Go Back, Reacher decides to hitchhike across the country to meet her only to find out that she has been arrested and he is not allowed to see her. To top it off, he has been recalled into the army so they can file charges against him - a person he investigated for selling stolen military weaponry in Los Angeles more than 15 years before has passed away from injuries that he claims Reacher inflicted during an interrogation.
Of course, Reacher won't stand for this kind of silliness and he starts his own investigation. Of course, he needs help and Susan Turner is just sitting there in the lockup...
This was a great "buddy" book. Lots of action, a lot of fun comments and it was well read by Dick Hill who perfectly catches the sardonic commentary placed in the narrative by Lee Child. This was an enjoyable whirlwind of a book.
I rate this book 5 stars out of 5.
This book can be found on Amazon.com here: Never Go Back (Jack Reacher #18).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Featured Post
BAN THIS BOOK (audiobook) by Alan Gratz
Published in 2017 by Blackstone Audio, Inc. Read by Bahni Turpin. Duration: 5 hours, 17 minutes. Unabridged. My Synopsis Ban This Book is t...
Popular posts over the last 7 days
-
Published in 1993 by Pelican Press. This book was revised and re-released in 2009 I believe I purchased this book nearly 30 years ago at the...
-
Originally published in 1962 in the magazine If: Worlds of Science Fiction. Published in 2017 by Author's Republic. Read by Phil Chenev...
-
Published in 2018 by HarperAudio. Read by the author, Rob Schenck. Duration: 11 hours, 26 minutes. Unabridged. In Costly Grace , Rob Schen...
-
Published in 2014 by DC Comics. Written by Charles Soule. Art by Tony S. Daniel Synopsis In the New 52 reboot of the DC universes we have a ...
-
Published in 2019 by Velvet Elvis Entertainment. Read by Tim DeKay. Duration: 9 hours, 35 minutes. Unabridged Synopsis: On a lonely country ...
-
This is one great book. Originally published in 1997. The Red Heart is based on the true story of Francis Slocum, a 4 year old Quaker gir...
-
Published in 2012 by Hyperion Audio Performed by Dan Stevens Duration: 4 hours, 42 minutes. Unabridged. I am torn by this book. I like...
-
Published in 2021 by HarperAudio. Read by Vikas Adam. Duration: 8 hours, 32 minutes. Unabridged. Day Zero is a book about Pounce, a top-...
-
Tony - where's your editorial staff when you need them? Published in 2003 by William Morrow Honestly, I like Tony Brown. I enjoyed his ...
-
Published in 2025 by Random House Audio. Read by the author, Bernie Sanders. Duration: 2 hours, 41 minutes. Unabridged. When I picked up thi...

No comments:
Post a Comment