Published in 2019 by Audible Studios.
Read by Fajer Al-Kaisi
Duration: 14 hours, 47 minutes.
Unabridged.
Kruse and Zelizer take a quick look at how we got to our current state of divided and disfunctional politics in Fault Lines: A History of the United States Since 1974.
1974 was picked as a starting point because it was the end of the Vietnam War and the middle of the Watergate scandal - both highly divisive events of epic proportions.
The authors track multiple fault lines, including LGBTQ+ rights, the Equal Rights Ammendment, the Cold War, Monica Lewinsky, the fights over the Supreme Court nominees, 9/11, the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, the Tea Party Movement, the Rise of MAGA, and more.
This is a tour through one politically charged moment after another, but it does offer a glimpse at the formation of the ever-widening fault lines in our country's political landscape.
Note: Since this is a political book, I would rate the perspective of this book to be center-left.
Note 2: the narrator of the audiobook mispronounced several names in this 14 hour audiobook. I never consider mispronunciations of names and places to be solely the fault of the narrator, Instead, I view that as the fault of the entire production team. They should be looking out for their narrators and double-checking pronunciations before they come to them during the reading of the book.
I rate this audiobook 4 stars out of 5. It can be found on Amazon.com here: Fault Lines: A History of the United States Since 1974.
No comments:
Post a Comment