More than 2000 reviews over the last 25 years.
SOLDIER! DISCOVER 15 WARRIORS THROUGHOUT HISTORY by Paul Beck
Published in 2015 by Scholastic
Paul Beck's SOLDIER! looks at 15 examples of soldiers throughout history, starting with Imperial Roman infantry and ending with a U.S. Navy Seal. It is composed of 48 8.5 x 11 inch pages and includes a full-color tear-out poster of every soldier.
Most descriptions are 4 pages, including a map where the soldiers would have operated. It also includes a full page drawing of the soldier with notes about the weight and length of their weapon(s). The third and fourth pages include more information about optional weapons, training or tools.
The only complaint I have about the book is that it could have included a little more diversity. 12 of the 15 soldiers came from Europe or America. For example, the Aztec warriors that confronted Cortes had unique weapons and armor and would have been a great addition.
That being said, the book was well-done. The pictures were interesting as were the factoids. This would be a good book for students from 4th to 8th grade.
This book can be found on Amazon.com here: SOLDIER! DISCOVER 15 WARRIORS THROUGHOUT HISTORY by Paul Beck.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Featured Post
BAN THIS BOOK (audiobook) by Alan Gratz
Published in 2017 by Blackstone Audio, Inc. Read by Bahni Turpin. Duration: 5 hours, 17 minutes. Unabridged. My Synopsis Ban This Book is t...
Popular posts over the last 7 days
-
Published in 2019 by Audible Studios. Read by F ajer Al-Kaisi Duration: 14 hours, 47 minutes. Unabridged. Kruse and Zelizer take a quick lo...
-
Published by BBC Worldwide Unlimited in 2010. Multicast Performance Duration: 44 minutes Even though I enjoy the comic book movies and I...
-
Tony - where's your editorial staff when you need them? Published in 2003 by William Morrow Honestly, I like Tony Brown. I enjoyed his ...
-
"It is a tale ... full of sound and fury; signifying nothing." -Shakespeare Published in 2007 by Algonquin Books The above quote...
-
Grisham continues with a trend previously established Published by Random House Audio in 2003. Read by Michael Beck Duration: 11 hours, ...
-
An enthusiastic 5 stars! A fantastic book. Published in 2009. I was offered Joker One as part of the Amazon Vine program and I decided...
-
An entertaining, historically solid introduction to the Civil War for 4th graders and over I just discovered this series and I've been ...
-
First published in 1971 Louis L'Amour wrote well over one hundred novels with varying topics, including one science fiction novel. But...
-
Strong, flawed, important work with a valuable, urgent message Published in 2007 by Walker and Company 288 pages. I had to pick up ...
-
Published by Arcade Publishing in 2018. Set on the Caribbean islands of Martinique and Grenada in 1765, Sugar Money is the story of two b...

No comments:
Post a Comment