More than 2000 reviews over the last 25 years.
DEEDS of a MASTER ARCHER, A SHORT STORY (short story) by J.H. Bogran
Published as a Kindle e-book in 2012 by Pretur
Estimated length: 28 pages
The story starts with two friends in the modern world trying to move a washing machine from a basement. Suddenly, they are sucked into another world (no explanation) where they discover a typical medieval fantasy village after they rescue a captive princess.
Turns out she was to be a sacrifice to a dragon and the dragon is no mood to be denied. One of the travelers from our world is a former U.S. Marine and somehow this enables him to be proficient with a sword and a bow and arrow. Actually, he is not just proficient - he is a master, as described in the title. I was not aware that the Marines trained in those weapons, but I have never been a Marine, what do I know?
So, the young men do battle not once, but twice with unfamiliar weapons against the shocking might of a dragon while hampered with almost no character development, a story with the thinnest of plots and an absurd willingness on the part of everyone in the story just to go along with this story just because it makes the story go along.
Yikes.
I rate this story 1 star out of 5.
Reviewed on March 25, 2014.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Featured Post
BAN THIS BOOK (audiobook) by Alan Gratz
Published in 2017 by Blackstone Audio, Inc. Read by Bahni Turpin. Duration: 5 hours, 17 minutes. Unabridged. My Synopsis Ban This Book is t...
Popular posts over the last 7 days
-
Published by BBC Worldwide Unlimited in 2010. Multicast Performance Duration: 44 minutes Even though I enjoy the comic book movies and I...
-
Fun story, but not completely resolved Published in 2008 by Rodale Books. Mark Milhone's memoir is about his self-described "Year ...
-
A fascinating read Published in 2008 by Free Press. How to Break a Terrorist: The U.S. Interrogators Who Used Brains, Not Brutality, to Ta...
-
School counseling based on character education with a Christian flavor Published in 2008 . It has become the flavor of the month in many...
-
Truly Unique Mystery Duration: 3 hours, 1 minute Mind Slash Matter is a unique entry into the world of mystery thrillers. The hero is ...
-
Published by Christianaudio.com in 2017. Read by John Pruden. Duration: 7 hours, 2 minutes. Unabridged. In the 1960's to the 1970's...
-
Solid first step by a self-published author who later went on to win himself a publishing contract Published by Thomas and Mercer in 2013 ...
-
Published by Ryan Pyle Productions in 2014 Photographer Ryan Pyle has traveled extensively throughout China and India, Luckily, he bring...
-
Published by Dell in 2012. Originally published in in 2007 by Delacorte Press I must live under a rock. I had not read any Jack Reacher n...
-
Oh, how I wanted to be able to recommend this book! Published in 2010 by William Morris As a history teacher I often decry the politically...

No comments:
Post a Comment