More than 2000 reviews over the last 25 years.
Guilt (Abe Glitsky #2) by John Lescroart
I hate to be the party pooper but...
Published in 1997.
Despite good experience with Lescroart in the past, despite the rave reviews on the back cover of Guilt and a dozen rave reviews inside the front cover, I found myself only caring about what happened to Abe Glitsky. The slow-moving, plodding plot line only reinforced the fact that I did not care what happened to the Mark Dooher. Did he kill his wife? I don't know - it's mentioned in the first sentence in the plot synopsis on the back cover and 200 pages into the book she's still alive and I'm getting irritated at reading about Dooher's connivings to sleep with one of his young employees.
So, anyway, I read exactly 200 pages of this book. It was not easy. I was forcing myself to continue on, much like I would do with a college textbook.
Then I came across the new Tony Hillerman book and I gladly dropped this one into the box of books that I'm dropping off at the Goodwill. Thank goodness I am now "Guilt" free!.
I rate this book 1 star out of 5.
This book can be found on Amazon.com here: Guilt by John Lescroart.
Reviewed on November 26, 2006.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Featured Post
BAN THIS BOOK (audiobook) by Alan Gratz
Published in 2017 by Blackstone Audio, Inc. Read by Bahni Turpin. Duration: 5 hours, 17 minutes. Unabridged. My Synopsis Ban This Book is t...
Popular posts over the last 7 days
-
Published in September of 2026 by Macmillan Audio. Read by the author, Sarah Longwell. Duration: 8 hours, 29 minutes. Unabridged. Sarah Long...
-
Tony - where's your editorial staff when you need them? Published in 2003 by William Morrow Honestly, I like Tony Brown. I enjoyed his ...
-
A short story: dramatic, gory, creepy and quite satisfying. Published by Simon and Schuster Audio in 2008 Read by Mare Winningham Durati...
-
Published in 2013 by iUniverse J.L. Witterick's My Mother's Secret is the true tale of Franciszka Halamajowa and her daughter He...
-
Published in August of 2011 by Christian Audio Read by Paul Boehmer Duration: 10 hours, 40 minutes Unabridged Veteran writer Davis Bu...
-
Published by Bloomsbury Publishing LLC. Read by Tosca Hoskins. Duration: 11 hours, 26 minutes. Unabridged. The book is a detailed look at ...
-
Published by Scholastic Press in April of 2015 Spencer Quinn is best known for his dog and owner Chet and Bernie detective series. Now, he...
-
Published in 2015 by DC Comics. Over the years, Batman has had multiple Robins. But there was a first replacement to the original Robin (Dic...
-
Published in 2014 by Simon and Schuster Audio Multicast performance, mostly read by the author, Cary Elwes Duration: 7 hours, 1 minute Una...
-
Published in 2005 by John Wiley and Sons, Inc. The Emancipation Proclamation was effective on January 1, 1863 - it included a provision tha...
No comments:
Post a Comment