Creed (mp3 track) by Rich Mullins



One of the most beautiful songs, let alone Christian songs I've ever heard

Creed is a simple re-tooling of the Apostle's Creed by Rich Mullins into a song. The changes to the creed are minor.

What makes the song so beautiful is Mullins' use of the hammer dulcimer, a wonderful stringed percussion instrument. The music comes out as both wonderfully delicate yet as powerful as any strong drum introduction to any '80s Hair Band metal hit.

Rich Mullins (1955-1997)
I am not a big fan of Contemporary Christian music as a whole. I do not dislike it, but there's precious little that I've heard that is worth my hearing a second time. This song has stayed with me for a long time.

The lyrics as I stated, are based on the Apostle's Creed but the chorus is his and states a powerful concept that struck me as profound when I heard it a decade ago and still strikes me today:

And I believe what I believe
Is what makes me what I am
I did not make it, no it is making me
It is the very truth of God and not
The invention of any man


"I did not make it, no it is making me." Isn't that how all of us should be as we travel through this world on our journey of faith?

I rate this mp3 track 5 stars out of 5. I can be found on Amazon.com here: Creed by Rich Mullins.

Reviewed on March 14, 2009.

Comments

Popular posts over the last 30 days

THE BALLOT and the BIBLE: HOW SCRIPTURE HAS BEEN USED and ABUSED in AMERICAN POLITICS and WHERE WE GO from HERE (audiobook) by Kaitlyn Schiess

ILLEGAL (graphic novel) Written by Eoin Colfer and Andrew Donkin. Illustrated by Giovanni Rigano.

BENITO MUSSOLINI: A LIFE from BEGINNING to END (World War 2 Biographies) (kindle) by Hourly History

INCREDIBLE HULK: PLANET HULK written by Greg Pak, illustrated by Carlo Pagulayan, Aaron Lopresti, Juan Santacruz, Gary Frank, and Takeshi Miyazawa.

VANISHING EDGE (National Parks Mysteries #1) (audiobook) by Claire Kells

Appaloosa DVD

THE BREAKER (Peter Ash #6)(audiobook) by Nick Petrie

THE PRINCESS, the SCOUNDREL, and the FARM BOY by Alexandra Bracken

RESOLUTION (Virgil Cole and Everett Hitch #2) (audiobook) by Robert B. Parker

BLOOD MONEY: A LUCKY DEY THRILLER (audiobook) by Doug Richardson