A lot of soap opera, a little legal thriller
Published by Brilliance Audio in 2003.
Duration: Approximately 3 hours.
Read by Laurel Merlington
Abridged
I listened to Acts of Malice as an abridged audiobook and I'm hoping some of the problems I have with the book were really due to the abridgment.
Problems:
1. her son Bob - he never speaks. He never does anything but be the perfect son who never, ever does anything wrong while mom sometimes spends outrageous hours out of the home. Watch out for this kid - he's going to be trouble!
2. Her son Bob says nothing, nothing at all about mom getting married to a man she just started re-dating while he's off on a trip to Germany (apparently unplanned since the tapes bring it up as he's packing the day before).
3. I don't know about you, but I think it would be pretty unethical to start dating the prosecutor during your defendant's murder trial.
4. The book spent much more time on the character's conflicted feelings (not conflicted about how this affair would affect her client's case, mind you, just hot and bothered about dating this man again) and not much on the case. If the story had focused, a 3 hour audiobook would have lasted about an hour. That means I was listening to 2 hours of romance novel on tape! Aaaargh!!
I rate this audiobook 2 stars out of 5.
Reviewed on September 21, 2004.
NOTE: Despite the fact that I like the cleverness of the name (2 sisters combined their names to make a new name) and the fact that their books always sound interesting, I do believe that this is the last Perri O'Shaughnessy book I've read or listened to. Always great looking covers on the books, but you know the old saying about books and covers...
This book can be found on Amazon.com here: Acts of Malice by Perri O'Shaughnessy.
More than 2000 reviews over the last 25 years.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Featured Post
BAN THIS BOOK (audiobook) by Alan Gratz
Published in 2017 by Blackstone Audio, Inc. Read by Bahni Turpin. Duration: 5 hours, 17 minutes. Unabridged. My Synopsis Ban This Book is t...
Popular posts over the last 7 days
-
Published in September of 2026 by Macmillan Audio. Read by the author, Sarah Longwell. Duration: 8 hours, 29 minutes. Unabridged. Sarah Long...
-
Tony - where's your editorial staff when you need them? Published in 2003 by William Morrow Honestly, I like Tony Brown. I enjoyed his ...
-
Published in 2013 by iUniverse J.L. Witterick's My Mother's Secret is the true tale of Franciszka Halamajowa and her daughter He...
-
Published by Bloomsbury Publishing LLC. Read by Tosca Hoskins. Duration: 11 hours, 26 minutes. Unabridged. The book is a detailed look at ...
-
A short story: dramatic, gory, creepy and quite satisfying. Published by Simon and Schuster Audio in 2008 Read by Mare Winningham Durati...
-
Published in August of 2011 by Christian Audio Read by Paul Boehmer Duration: 10 hours, 40 minutes Unabridged Veteran writer Davis Bu...
-
Published in 2015 by DC Comics. Over the years, Batman has had multiple Robins. But there was a first replacement to the original Robin (Dic...
-
Published in 2014 by Simon and Schuster Audio Multicast performance, mostly read by the author, Cary Elwes Duration: 7 hours, 1 minute Una...
-
Originally published in 1972. Howard Fast (1914-2003) was a prolific author with a particular love of historical fiction. He is most famous ...
-
This is a great series Published in 2008. I recently stumbled onto the You Wouldn't Want to... series and have found them to be a de...
No comments:
Post a Comment