More than 2100 reviews over the last 25 years.
Dog On It (Chet and Bernie Mystery #1) by Spencer Quinn
A nice twist on the detective story
Published in 2009.
The premise of Dog On It is a simple one. It's a buddy book. Partners fighting crime like Holmes and Watson, Spenser and Hawk and now Bernie and Chet. Except for one important point - Chet is Bernie's dog.
The story is told from the point of view of Chet, a trained police dog that never quite graduated from the academy to a "leaping" incident that "involved blood."
Chet understands enough about human society so that the story doesn't bog down but he has that easily distractable live-in-the-moment quality that all dog lovers recognize. The mystery is pretty good, too. Bernie is hired to find a 15 year old girl who may be a runaway and may be the victim of foul play due to her father's shady real estate deals. Chet's unique perspective and talents as a dog and Bernie Little's ability to make the occasional intuitive leap make the Little Detective Agency a real threat to crime in the area.
I rate this book 4 stars out of 5.
This book can be found on Amazon.com here: Dog on It by Spencer Quinn.
Reviewed on January 13, 2009.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Featured Post
BAN THIS BOOK (audiobook) by Alan Gratz
Published in 2017 by Blackstone Audio, Inc. Read by Bahni Turpin. Duration: 5 hours, 17 minutes. Unabridged. My Synopsis Ban This Book is t...
Popular posts over the last 7 days
-
Originally published in 1975 under the psuedonym Kilgore Trout. I read the 2013 edition published by Titan Books. While suffering a bit of ...
-
Published by Random House Audio in 2002. Read by Judy Kaye. Duration: 12 hours, 38 minutes. Unabridged. I have bounced through the Kinsey Mi...
-
Published in August of 2026 by Hourly History. Hourly History specializes in producing short histories that they typical person can read in...
-
A wonderful sci-fi trilogy Trilogy originally published in 1967 and 1968. The White Mountains is just the first in a trilogy of sci-fi ad...
-
An excellent beginning to a promising career. Originally published in 1997. First off - The Black Flower is one of the best books I've...
-
Published in 2025 by Random House Audio. Read by the author, Bernie Sanders. Duration: 2 hours, 41 minutes. Unabridged. When I picked up thi...
-
Paul Madriani continues fighting terrorists and never enters the courtroom Published by Harper Audio in 2011. Read by Dan Woren. Durati...
-
Published by Simon and Schuster Audio in 2006 Read by Ron McClarty Duration: 1 hour, 30 minutes I am not sure who the person was at Simon...
-
Published by Dell in 2012. Originally published in in 2007 by Delacorte Press I must live under a rock. I had not read any Jack Reacher n...
-
Published by Marvel Universe in 2021. Hawkeye: The Saga of Barton and Bishop is actually two collections in one. The first half of the coll...
No comments:
Post a Comment