Spy for the Night Riders: Martin Luther (Trailblazer Books #3) by Dave Jackson



Good history - for 4th to 8th graders


Martin Luther (1483-1546)
I am reviewing this as a high school world history teacher who is looking for high-quality historical fiction of all skill levels that I can add to my classroom library.

While Spy for the Night Riders: Martin Luther is too easy for the average high school student, it would be a good fit for the 'reluctant reader' or the student interested in the Reformation. The plot moves along pretty quickly and does a good job of telling about Martin Luther's big moment at the Diet of Worms and his travels immediately before and after his hearing.


Some previous knowledge of the Reformation would be helpful.


I give this one 4 stars out of 5.


This book can be found on Amazon here: Spy for the Night Riders (Trailblazer Books Book 3)


Reviewed on May 6, 2006.

Comments

  1. I very much enjoy your reviews.

    Have you read "Here I Stand" by R.H. Bainton? It is the only adult biography of Luther that I have read, and I thought it excellent. As you are more of a Luther scholar than I, however, I'd be glad to know your thoughts about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah,

    I have not read that Luther biography but I will look into it!

    DWD

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts over the last 30 days

MARCH: BOOK ONE (graphic novel) by John Lewis and Andrew Aydin

FAHRENHEIT 451 (audiobook) by Ray Bradbury

VANISHING EDGE (National Parks Mysteries #1) (audiobook) by Claire Kells

TIRED of WINNING: DONALD TRUMP and the END of the GRAND OLD PARTY (audiobook) by Jonathan Karl

DARK of the MOON (Virgil Flowers #1)(audiobook)(abridged) by John Sandford

THE JOURNEY in BETWEEN: THRU-HIKING EL CAMINO de SANTIAGO (Thru-Hiking Adventures book 1) (kindle) by Keith Foskett

BASS REEVES: TALES of the TALENTED TENTH, no. 1 by Joel Christian Gill

DIFFER WE MUST: HOW LINCOLN SUCCEEDED in a DIVIDED AMERICA (audiobook) by Steve Inskeep

INCREDIBLE HULK: PLANET HULK written by Greg Pak, illustrated by Carlo Pagulayan, Aaron Lopresti, Juan Santacruz, Gary Frank, and Takeshi Miyazawa.

THE MAGA DIARIES: MY SURREAL ADVENTURES INSIDE THE RIGHT-WING (and HOW I GOT OUT) (audiobook) by Tina Nguyen